The Cabot Company blends state-of-the-art facilities and a savvy entrepreneurial spirit, with the timeless values a personal commitment to quality that comes from being 100% owned by farm families. Its a special combination that produces the highest quality dairy products, including the cheese that has been widely hailed as the worlds best. The Cabot Premium Aged Cheddar Selection contains 3 samples of Cabot cheddar flavors:
- 32 oz. Clothbound Cheddar: Old England tradition meets New England flavor. This single breed, small batch cheddar is cave-aged in Jasper Hill Farms cellars. This cheddar provides a buttery flavor with caramel undertones. Gold medal winner at 2004 World Cheese Awards in London, England. Featured in Williams- Sonoma 2005 Holiday catalogs.nbsp; Pairs well with Meritage.
- 8 oz. Private Stock Cheddar: This aged cheddar is exceptionally fine, with a clean, extra sharp flavor. Closely monitored, this hand-blended cheese is put through a sixteen-month aging process. This Private Stock label promises an elegant cheddar, uncompromising in smoothness and flavor.nbsp; Pairs well with an English Pale Ale or Meritage.
- 8 oz. Seriously Sharp Cheddar: Hearty enough to satisfy any outdoorsman, this ripe-and-ready cheese is seriously sharp. Its flavor varies from vat to vat, but the quality always remains the same. Just ask the Vermont hunters who've made this a cult classic.nbsp; Pairs well with Barley Wine Ale.
- To ensure optimum flavor, let cheeses sit out at room temperature for at least 45 minutes before serving.
- Serve each cheese with a separate serving knife. This will eliminate crossing of flavors and enhance the experience.
- Once a cheese package is opened, use within 7 days to maximize the flavor and your enjoyment.
- Tightly wrap leftover cheese in a plastic wrap and store in the drawer of your refrigerator. If you unwrap a previously opened cheese, throw away the old plastic and wrap with new plastic.
- If any mold develops on the outside, just cut off and rewrap. The rest of the product is fine to eat.